In this article, we will focus on how to speed up Mozilla firefox browser by some simple tweaks and settings. Firefox browser is an open source platform from Mozilla. It is second most used browser after Google Chrome. According to statistics by
According to statistics by W3 schools, 16.9% users use firefox as their default browser. Here are some steps which will increase a speed of your firefox browser.
Steps to Speed up Mozilla Firefox Browser
To speed up Mozilla firefox browser, here are steps to follow
- Enabling HTTP Cache
- Proxy Pipelining
- Change Configuration settings
- Disabling Extra Memory Allocation
Follow these necessary steps and modify one by one and then restart your system and open firefox to watch its increase in Speed.
Enabling HTTP Cache
The HTTP Cache is not enabled by default, so you need to do it manually by following below process.
- Open Firefox and enter these in the address bar ” about:config“( Just enter the highlighted part and press Enter ).
- You will be greeted with a warning message which implies that changing these settings which affect performs, click the blue button which states “I’ll be careful, I Promise!“
- There will be so many configurational files which are arranged in alphabetical order, now search for ” browser.cache.use_new_backend “
- Now double click the name and you will be greeted with a pop-up command with 0 in it, now change this value to 1 and press Ok.
Open the configurational files by following step 1&2 from above ( Enabling HTTP Cache ) and after that continue with following steps ( This method is also known as Firefox Pipelining )
- Search for network.prefetch-next and double click it. ( By doing this it will change its value from True to False )
- Search for browser.cache.disk.capacity and double click it and change the value to 358400. ( If the value is already 358400, press cancel )
- Search for network.http.pipelining and double click it. ( it will change from false to true )
- Search for network.http.pipelining.maxrequests and double click it and change the value to 13. ( By default it will be 32)
- Search for network.http.proxy.pipelining and double click it. ( will change its value from false to true )
- Right click in that area and go to New–> Boolean–> paste config.trim_on_minimize and press Ok. Then double click it and change the value to True.
Open the configurational files again and follow below steps
- Search for network.http.max-connections-per-server and right-click on it and click modify and change the value to 32 and click Ok.
- Then Search for network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy and change its value to 16
- Search for network.http.max-connections and change its value to 64
- After that Search for network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server and change its value to 10
- Search for network.http.pipelining and double click it
- Select Search for network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy and change its value to 8
- Search for network.http.proxy.pipelining and double click it
- Right click on the area and select New –> Integer — > Paste nglayout.initialpaint.delay –> Click Ok — > Assign 0 to it.
- Search for network.http.request.timeout and change its value to 300 ( if you can’t find it just create by following Step no 8 )
Disable Extra Memory Allocation
This can be done by disabling plugin-container.exe and here are the steps to do it
- In configurational settings, search for dom.ipc and you will see all the files related to it.
- Now click the type option in menuBar. (Menu bar is that which states, preferences, status. types,value. Heading of the column)
- You will find that it’s arranged in alphabetical order.
- Now change all the boolean values to false.
After completing all the above steps, follow these minor steps to ensure nothing wrong from your part.
- Update firefox to latest version
- Check whether there are unwanted add-ons installed and delete which aren’t required or looks malicious
- Still, you haven’t satisfied with it, then raise a question in Mozilla forum and get answered.
After completing all the above steps just close Firefox and restart the system and then open your Firefox and use it with some enhanced speed. Hope this guide will help you to increase the speed of Mozilla Firefox.
If you have any issues or doubts, express them in comments and share this article on social networking sites and contribute to the growth of tech informerz website.
NOTE: This methods and process expressed in this article are based on Internet research.