You have a lot of options when it comes to web hosting. However, the most popular and highly recommended hosting option for most websites is VPS hosting. VPS hosting works using VPS technology, which allows a single physical machine to run various virtualized operating systems at once. As a result, each operating system acts as a dedicated server. This means that no other website can access or affect your files or resources.
Most hosting providers offer managed and unmanaged VPS hosting. With managed VPS hosting, the provider takes care of the server, so you don’t have to worry about any of the technical details related to running it. Most people choose this option because they lack the knowledge and experience to run the server on their own. This option is also beneficial for individuals or businesses who lack the time to manage and maintain their servers. However, these are not the only advantages of choosing a managed VPS provider.
Advantages of Managed VPS
- System Monitoring: The provider monitors your site for traffic spikes and ensures that the server can handle the increased traffic without crashing.
- Server Maintenance: Your host will ensure that your server is running correctly, ensuring that no technical glitches occur, thus keeping your site from crashing.
- Updates: All software and hardware updates are taken care of for you.
- Security: When you use managed VPS hosting, your site and server are checked continuously by the host for weak points as well as spyware, malware, and suspicious traffic patterns.
- Data Protection: With managed VPS hosting, your files are continuously checked for vulnerability. They also get backed up on a regular basis. This ensures that if there’s a crash or some other error, your data won’t be completely lost and can be completely restored. Furthermore, they continually make backups of your web servers and applications to ensure rapid restoration as necessary.
- Scalability: VPS hosting is easy to scale, and when you use managed VPS hosting and require more resources, you simply have to ask for them, and they will do it.
- Time: When your VPS is managed for you, you don’t have to concern yourself with any of the technical details of web hosting, freeing you up to focus on your business and site content.
- Customer Support: You will receive 24/7 assistance with your website.
Reasons to Choose Managed VPS
Your website represents your brand. Therefore the way it performs will affect how your brand is perceived. For this reason, it’s crucial that your website perform optimally at all times. Downtime, malfunctioning features, and slow page loading speeds can negatively affect what people think of your brand. It’s like if you went to a store and it was dirty, there was no one around to help you, and you had to wait in line for a long time.
When you use managed hosting, your host is dedicated to keeping your website up and running optimally at all times. So rather than splitting your focus between growing your brand and maintaining the website’s performance, you can focus solely on your brand’s growth. Furthermore, when you have one thing to focus on, there is less risk that you’ll make a mistake.
When you use managed VPS hosting, you get a dedicated team of professionals working towards seeing your site grow and succeed. This means you can turn to them with questions about how to improve site performance and security. Whatever goals you want to realize, there will be someone there to guide you.
Using managed VPS hosting means you don’t have to hire your own IT personnel. When you consider what it costs for a salaried or contract employee, you actually save money when you choose to manage to host, even though it’s technically more expensive than unmanaged hosting. Alternatively, you don’t have to spend time or money educating yourself on managing your hosting.
Managed VPS hosting is better than unmanaged hosting because everything to do with hosting your site is taken care of for you. This means you’ll experience less stress and be able to focus on other important aspects of your business. It will also save you money in the long run because you won’t have to hire your own IT personnel or spend time educating yourself.